Proudly serving Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho - including Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, Post Falls and nearby
Radon gas is known as the silent killer. Naturally emitted by soil and rocks, radon is invisible, odorless, and radioactive. Exposure to radon gas is the leading cause of death from cancer after smoking.
Because radon gas can enter a home easily through its foundation, every house should be tested for radon.
The good news about radon is that very accurate testing can be done in any home, and if high radon levels are detected, the home can be made safe using proven abatement techniques.
A radon test will tell you whether or not you need a radon mitigation system. In the U.S., a radon concentration of 4 pico curies per liter or more is considered “actionable,” requiring a mitigation system.
There are two basic ways to test for radon. You can purchase a DIY test kit (available online or at hardware stores and home centers) and handle testing yourself, or you can have the test done by a licensed radon mitigation contractor.
DIY test kits can cost between $10 and $25. They come with detailed instructions, a detector device, and a mailing envelope. After the detector device has been left in your home for a specified time period, you mail it in to the lab and then wait for the results.
Because a professional radon test is faster, more accurate and more convenient, most homeowners choose this testing option. When you have a Premier radon technician test for radon, you get results within 48 hours, and the radon reading leads the industry in terms of accuracy and detail.
Our reading can actually reveal how radon concentration varies from hour to hour, and correlate these fluctuations to changes in weather and humidity. These details enable us to develop a highly effective customized mitigation system, should one be needed.
Fast, accurate professional radon testing from Premier. For the best radon test, your can count on the radon experts at Premier. Call or email us today and take the first step toward protecting your family from radioactive radon gas.